Lawyers & Law Firms
“Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
Partners: Are You Working Hard, But Something Isn’t Quite Working?
The practice of law can be incredibly fulfilling. You are intellectually challenged, driven to work hard, and making things happen for your clients. It’s great fun until it isn’t.
- Do you (almost) love your work, but are frustrated with the lack of adequate associate or structural support?
- Are struggling to build your practice during the pandemic?
- Are you teetering on burnout?
- Have you been told that you need to be “nicer,” “less direct,” or that you “scare associates?”
- Are you considering other opportunities, but aren’t sure what will meet your needs?
Whatever your matrix of challenges, we’re here to help through individual coaching. And don’t worry, like attorney-client privilege, your coaching (including the coaching relationship) is confidential regardless of who pays for it.
Associates, You Can Do This!
The practice of law rewarding and challenging.The first few years of practice are difficult. It may be your first job and you are learning how to manage up and grasp partner and client expectations as you learn the craft. Once you get the hang of it, the next set of challenges hits you when start managing projects and more junior lawyers. And then there is ensuring you are getting enough work, the right kind of work, and maintaining some sense of wellbeing. And finally (not really finally, but it feels that way), you wondering if you are doing everything to make partner.
If you are struggling with any aspect of the practice, we’re here to help through individual coaching. And don’t worry, like attorney-client privilege, your coaching (including the coaching relationship) is confidential regardless of who pays for it.
Typical coaching areas of focus are:
- Getting organized, managing your workload, and meeting deadlines
- Producing high-quality work product
- Succeeding in an entrepreneurial environment during a pandemic, including meeting billable hour goals
- Getting career-advancing work
- Dealing with stress and fear of failure
- Managing up, including understanding different personality types and how to work with them
- Developing a growth mindset, including learning how embrace critical feedback and not take things personally
Professional Development Is More Important Now Than Ever
In addition to regular programming responsibilities, professional development teams and lawyers are worried about their people’s resilience. Let’s face it, the pandemic has been hard on everyone.
Our programming includes:
- Onboarding programs to give associates a leg up when it comes to building relationships, and integrating into the firm, networking, and professionalism
- The Art of Networking, yes, even during a pandemic
- Create Your Professional Brand so that your referral sources and clients know how you can help
- Business Development
- Team Development
- Leadership Development
- Mentor and Mentee Training
- Strategic Planning
Don’t see what you’re looking for? We would be delighted to create and innovate to meet your needs!